Future of the graphcool-framework

I guess at the end of the day I don’t full understand exactly where the graphcool team plan to take graphcool next

What is the future of the graphcool-framework?

So currently with graphcool-framework, the functions are FaaS and are based on AWS Lambda as far as I can tell. Once Prisma has been integrated into the graphcool-framework, will you still be able to deploy the functions and business logic using a similar setup (i.e. FaaS)? Or will people be using a GraphQL server with Prisma on the backend? Also will the syntax change to ctx.db.mutation.createX?

At the moment I’m looking at going from graphcool-framework 0.11.5 to graphql-yoga + + graphql-cli + Prisma 1.0 (similar to this howtographql.com).

Just thinking about the future. Would it be possible to go from graphql-yoga + Prisma 1.0 to graphcool-framework 1.0 + prisma in a fairly seamless manner?

Advice on best practise? - Deploying graphql-yoga server w/ Prisma in production

The architecture of graphcool-framework, and the combination of the separate components is not going to change. graphcool-framework has not been designed to run in tandem with a GraphQL Server, so you’ll likely encounter unexpected road blocks if you try to combine it with GraphQL Yoga.

In general, it’s easy to import and export data between Prisma and Graphcool Framework, as they use the same normalized data format. This means it’s fairly easy to go from one to the other for a PoC, beyond that it’s migrating pieces of functionality one by one, that is probably more involved.

Finally, I’d like to refer you and everyone else back to this thread, this is where I will try to keep the information as uptodate as possible.