Prisma Cloud Pricing

Are there any plans to loosen the Prisma Cloud pricing structure? I’d love to be able to use Prisma Cloud for my future side projects, but in my opinion a $45 minimum monthly cost is a high barrier to entry, and I can’t consider using it for that reason. On the pricing page there is a claim that the pricing is ‘Pay only for the resources you need’ - well what if I don’t need 4.5 million monthly requests? Will you introduce pricing that really scales to the requests required (something like $1/100,000 requests), or is there an overhead to the service that prevents that?

Any ideas for your plans heading forward would be great!

Totally agree!

What about Firebase-like pricing model (https://firebase.google.com/pricing/)?

Recent changes: https://firebase.googleblog.com/2018/03/adding-free-usage-to-blaze-pricing-plan.html

Thanks a lot for your feedback everyone. There are no concrete plans to introduce a new pricing tier, but please stay tuned for announcements on our Blog to stay informed :slightly_smiling_face:

For now, two great alternatives are the free development cluster, or self-hosting Prisma.
Check out the many resources we’ve put together for doing so here:

We’ll continue to listen closely to the feedback from our community, thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts :raised_hands:

Just adding my support for a more flexible pricing structure. I think all you need to do is lower the entry point of the plan, as suggested previously. If a customer could start at $10/month and then scale as you have the plan currently structured, I believe that it would help adoption for Prisma Cloud. If I invest my time in building out and orchestrating the various pieces of my infrastructure, I am less likely to adopt a more expensive managed solution later. Especially when it is only managing a piece of my overall infrastructure needs.

As a bit of perspective…I built out my current Django ‘serverless’ infrastructure on AWS, using free tier services and pay-as-you-consume services. The stack includes Route 53, API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, SNS, S3, and EC2, all within a NAT gated VPC. I can run my whole stack at the same scale as the Prisma Cloud private plan for much less than $45/month. Yes it took more work on my part, but I now have most of it automated and it is easy to manage.