Add Server wizard results in "Not Reachable"

Hello,

So I have a prisma service up and running locally and am attempting to deploy it on heroku using the prisma add server wizard flow. I can complete the creation of a postgresql database and a server on heroku just fine. When viewing my list of servers in the prisma console, the new server shows with a status of healthy and version 1.23.0. when I click through to view the newly created server, the status is shown as ‘Not Reachable’.

When I go look into the heroku console and check the logs, I see this

2019-01-09T17:33:32.447436+00:00 app[web.1]: Jan 09, 2019 5:33:32 PM org.postgresql.Driver connect
2019-01-09T17:33:32.447458+00:00 app[web.1]: SEVERE: Connection error: 
2019-01-09T17:33:32.447461+00:00 app[web.1]: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: permission denied for database "postgres"
2019-01-09T17:33:32.447463+00:00 app[web.1]:   Detail: User does not have CONNECT privilege.

Has anyone seen this, or can point me in the right direction to start getting this fixed?

Having the same problem. :confused:

Same issue here when creating a new hosted server.

Hi! All are you able to connect to your server

Not reachable thing in expanded view is a UI bug, so please refer the status on the table

I had the same issue, however, when I prisma deploy again from my terminal, I gave me another error message which is Server at {HEROKU_PROD_SERVER} requires a cluster secret. Please provide it with the env var PRISMA_MANAGEMENT_API_SECRET.

So, I logged into the heroku server and copied the PRISMA_MANAGEMENT_API_SECRET into my local .env file and ran prisma deploy again.

It worked and I am able to query the service, but the “Not reachable” message is still there. I can live with that for the mean time until a better approach is found.

Were you able to get this resolved?

The older post was related to a UI bug.

I think you have contacted us on intercom as well. The thing is that heroko suspends free plan dyno after 30 mins so that’s why it is unreachable sometimes.