Chromeless – Headless Chrome Automation on AWS Lambda

I’m really excited to finally open-source Chromeless. We’ve used NightmareJS and similar tools before to run integration tests but these basically added ~20min to each build. With Chromeless we were able to reduce this time to under a minute!

Here is a demo playground to try it out: https://chromeless.netlify.com

I’m happy to answer any questions about this! :wave:

Hi Johannes,

Great work on GC and chromeless! I’ve tried searching but cannot find an answer:

• can you explain how chromeless compares to google puppeteer?

thanks
Peter

Hi Peter,

Sure, I’ve already laid out some details in this comment on Github but this is basically the gist:

Regarding Puppeteer: We’re really excited about this project and it’s awesome that it also sees a lot of traction. @paulirish actually reached out to us a couple of weeks ago to see how we could collaborate. We’re planning to use Puppeteer under the hood as a better foundation for Chromeless to focus more on a higher-level abstraction and double down on the AWS Lambda (and similar) execution layer.

Awesome, that’s exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks again, Peter

When do we implement this function await chromeless.wait(‘div#loaded’, 1000)? Or can we change the waitTimeout option

Congrats on the launch!

when using chromeless, I don’t know how to scroll a div. I see that await chromeless.scrollToElement(“a[href*=‘alink’]”) work on scrolling the whole page, but I just want to scroll an element on the page

Amazing, this is what I have looked for.