Cloud Projects enable you to integrate the latest products of Prisma Data Platform in your application:
Prisma releases updates to the Prisma Data Platform multiple times per week, as opposed to the Prisma ORM that we release on a set schedule every few weeks. This is why we consider the lifecycle and process for maturing features in the Prisma Data Platform differently.
You can check out the releases and maturity process for the Prisma ORM for further details.
If a feature on the Prisma Data Platform is labeled as Early Access:
- We have validated a problem and are considering a solution to it but are not certain whether that solution is complete or a perfect fit.
- We want to gather more feedback and adjust the solution as necessary, knowing that users are prepared for significant breaking changes
- We reserve ourselves the right to throttle or remove access to a feature in Early Access to preserve the stability of the platform, or enforcing its use to stay within the scope defined in our Terms of Service.
If a feature on the Prisma Data Platform is labeled as Preview:
- We have refined the software based on the valuable feedback we obtained during the Early Access phase.
- We developed the feature further, bringing it closer to the final version, though it's not completely ready for production usage.
- We have lifted the invite gate, so users no longer need an invitation to access the feature. Users just need to sign up to gain access.
- We have increased the stability of the software compared to the Early Access phase. While there might still be some issues, they should be less frequent and less critical.
- We use the Preview phase as a final stress test to ensure the product is ready for heavy production workloads.
If a feature in the Prisma Data Platform is Generally Available:
- The solution has been tested for some time and we received enough feedback to consider it stable and ready for production use.
- The feature meets our availability and SLO standards.